Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Glastonbury



Went to Glastonbury at the weekend, there are photos here. It's a weird kind of place, I'm probably the least spiritual person you'll ever meet but I definitely felt my earth-other's cries for salvation, and my zen-mindbody crossover into a deathstate like an infinite vine climbing towards verdana.

More seriously, thanks to Thief: Deadly Shadows, I've got a newfound love of medieval architecture. I've noticed the striking similarities to The City in various ancient Westcountry cities and towns such as Bristol, Bath, Wells, Cirencester and now Glastonbury. I'm fairly certain that the authenticity of Thief DS's design and architecture is a vital element of the game's atmosphere, and I'd love to know what influenced their design choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home